`[6H'05] `[102'06] `[Ohana] `[Adriana] `[Amalina] `[Asyraf] `[Danish] `[Dexter] `[Diyanah] `[Eileen] `[Farah Natalya] `[Haffiz] `[Hamizah] `[Hong Zhang] `[Huan Ying] `[Irene] `[Irfaniah] `[Isyana] `[Jia Ying] `[Khaing Zin] `[Lena] `[Lishan] `[Nazihah] `[Paulene] `[Raseena] `[Rasyidah] `[Rebecca] `[Roy] `[Sarah] `[Shawn] `[Sherwin] `[Shu Wen] `[Siti Nur Atiqah] `[Syahiruddin] `[Syarifah] `[Tong En] `[Vicky] `[Wan Jiun] `[Xiao Wei] `[Xin Xuan] `[Yvonne] `[blogger] `[blogskins] `[deesign]


ain ashiqin
1159@270293
sixteen
ohana
rgsrcy


I want school work to go away,
And never come another day.
Let all my yearmates come and stay;
We'd talk and laugh and shop and play.
And if we were about to pay,
The boss'd say, "Oh, it's okay."
But nothing's ever what I say...
If only things would go my way.


Friday, July 21, 2006


Well. Ain is back. Haha. Like anybody cares. It's been like 1 month since I blogged. Such a long time. Many many many different things have happened. I can't remember all and I can't type all in so I'll just blog about some of the things I still remember. Hmm. Okay. I'm sorry if I don't reply to your tags but that's because the only computer in this house which can read the script for the tagboard is down. Apparently I accidentally kicked the CPU in excitement when I suddenly heard my dad play a Linkin Park song on his computer. ><><. So anyway, I managed to sell 13 tickets today. Which is a huge improvement, because I have sold the remainings from the last street sales and also 1 whole booklet. So now I have 7 down, 3 more booklets to go. Haha. I just remembered, I buffed my nails yesterday specially for street sales today. Not that I don't always buff them. I just buff them again. Hehe. Okay, so this is what happened. When we got there, we went to McDonalds first to EAT!! Diyanah and I hadn't had lunch yet and Yvonne didn't want to be selling tickets alone first, so we all went. I ordered... A Happy Meal! The toy was this Bobble Head Ronald McDonalds and we were laughing because it reminded us of how we always have to say yes to the ma'ams and never no, and the toy was always nodding its head. But in the end I just left it beside my tray because I didn't want my bag to get any more fatter. So. We walked and walked and finally decided to sell the tickets on [something] Avenue. At that time the RI guys weren't there yet. Last week they chose their spots already when we got there, so it was very difficult. So we were selling and selling and selling and suddenly... we saw them arriving! Let me tell you. They are not cute, so we do mind them trying to sell the tickets at the same avenue as us. They saw us but they didn't care. We really didn't know what to do, because they were from Red Cross too, and we from RGS were only like 3 Year 1s, and theirs was like, 6 to 8 Year 1s and 2 seniors. And by right, their sirs are our sirs too, and our ma'ams are their ma'ams too. But heck care. They were like discussing and we were discussing too because we didn't know what to do. So we just continued selling. Then suddenly we saw 2 Year 2 ma'ams arriving, I think to just go window-shopping. So Yvonne and I greeted them, and when they passed Diyanah, she greeted them too. They saw the RI guys and how they really outnumbered us but they didn't say anything and continued walking. So we just tried to continue selling but it was really difficult because we can't approach the people they have already approached and we were unsure of what to do exactly. After a long, long while, the Year 2 ma'ams came again and Yvonne and I decided to ask them what to do. But when they came, they were approaching us too. So when we said that we wanted to ask them what to do because the RI guys were there too, they said that they know and they want to talk to us about it. They were in quite a sense of humour, and they said that we should chase them out, because we got there first, and so it was our place. They said we should scare them away, then we would have the place to ourselves. They also said we might want to talk to one of the RI guys and tell them to go away because we got there first. Then they said good luck and bye. Yvonne wanted to talk to them, but I wanted to just chase them out slowly. So after some debating, Yvonne went to discuss with Diyanah (we call her Di for short) about what we should do, while I tried to chase them out. Slowly, I stole the 'customers', and kept taking a step to the direction out of the place, so they kept taking a step to the direction out of the place too, because they were in front of me. By then they had split into pairs, so there was only one pair in front of me. Slowly, I got them into a corner. Then I did he same thing with the other guys except for the two seniors, who were trying to chase out Di and Yvonne at the other side of the Avenue. I can't believe that they're from RI and yet they're so ungentlemanly. So finally I got all the Year 1s to one side and they were staring at me because I was really stealing away all their customers right in front of them, but I couldn't care less because they were just so ungentlemanly. Finally one of them went to call their sirs from the other side, and the sirs came and they discussed and they kept looking at me. Finally, they went out! I was like so happy because at that time Yonne and Di were still discussing so it showed that I chased them out single-handedly. Yayness! So proud of myself. =) Okay generally. There were a lot of different types of people out there. Some, when I ask whether they would like to donate, say vulgarities to me, and some were very kind. I hate those who say vulgarities to me. Anyway. There was this Chinese couple about 40 years old who, when I asked them, turned and looked at me and smiled. Then the woman took out her purse so I knew they were going to donate. But they talked to me in Chinese, but I could roughly understand what they were asking and saying. Then there was this part, which was a question, which I totally did not understand, I had to tell them that I was a Malay. Of course I told them this in Chinese so they could understand if they really couldn't speak English, and they were really surprised. They were like asking whether I was really a Malay and not kidding them or anything, then they said I speak Chinese well. Of course, they don't know that that's about the only sentence that I know ><. Then they asked me what school I was from and so I told them, and they said, "Oh, no wonder," but I really didn't understand because it's not like being in this school means that we're multi-language-equipped. I'm not. But they were really nice and they started saying about the news there was this girl from the Primary school who cut her hair bald I think. But when we parted, I was smiling and they were smiling too, so I guess it's really a nice encounter after all. Then Yvonne came and asked me why we talked for so long, so I told her about it. Then she was shocked because when I told her what happened, of course I spoke in Chinsese to tell her exactly what I said to the couple and what their response was. She didn't know I could speak a teeny weeny bit of Chinese, and the momen tI said 2 sentencces, she gasped and said, " Oh my gosh, Ain, you speak Chinese so well." But it's really because she was following the story and since the people were surprised, she became surprised, too. But I really think it's nice to surprise people once in a while. It really covers up all the insults and vulgarities you get in one day of street sales.


i'm still here.
8:30 pm