ain ashiqin
1159@270293
sixteen
ohana
rgsrcy
I want school work to go away,
And never come another day.
Let all my yearmates come and stay;
We'd talk and laugh and shop and play.
And if we were about to pay,
The boss'd say, "Oh, it's okay."
But nothing's ever what I say...
If only things would go my way.
Friday, September 22, 2006
Sigh. It's been almost a month since I last blogged. Such a long period of time. I shan't go day by day then. Just the memorable parts. So anyway. Everything is not in order.
There is this one time Yvonne, Diy, Juliet, other yearmates and I went to Doby Ghaut (yes, that's the place I got lost at on the way to school on the first day of this semester) to sell our tickets. We went street sales desperately even though it was drizzling. After some time, we decided to split up into pairs since we wouldn't sell many tickets in a group. So I paired up with Diy, while Juliet paired up with Yvonne, and the rest of my yearmates I can't remember. After a while, we called Juliet and Yvonne and we met them at the MRT Station at Somerset. Yes, in trying to find a good place to sell our tickets, Diy, Yvonne, Juliet and I walked and walked and walked and ended up at Somerset. So anyway. It was drizzling there too, because it's not like Somerset is too far away from Doby Ghaut anyway. So blah blah blah, Juliet approached this foreign couple to ask whether they would like to buy Red Cross Charity Draw Tickets. They looked at each other. The man started talking German to the woman, and she responded in German too. Then they turned to Juliet and spoke in German, "What is this?" and a few other sentences Juliet couldn't understand. But Juliet takes German as a third language, so she spoke to them in German, "You don't understand?" Then they looked at each other and said, "We're in deep, deep trouble," in perfect English. They turned to her and said, "You caught us there," in perfect English too. Apparently, as they explained to Juliet, they were pretending to be a German couple so that they wouldn't have to buy anything, but when Juliet spoke to them in German too, their plan was revealed. Haha. They didn't buy any tickets from her anyway.
Anyway. I really should stop myself from going into low alert mode so many times. There have already been quite a number of times when a ma'am walks past me and I only realise after they have walked past. And there was once I was carrying my food to a table while daydreaming and I almost bumped into 3 Sec 2 ma'ams. And like today, I was wearing James Keller clothes back to class and I only realised Yuen Hung ma'am walked past me when she was already 2 metres behind me. And after school, while we were listening to Jia Ying talking about xxx ma'am at the Red Cross board, I started to tune out without me realising it and wandered away to the staircase on the other side of the wall. I didn't realise when my yearmates suddenly kept quiet because they heard somebody coming down the stairs. Suddenly Si Hui ma'am turned around the corner and I almost banged into her. I humiliated myself by saying, "Oh my God," at the sight of a ma'am way too loudly, and right in front of her too, and then running away to where my yearmates were. And to think I have been saying things way too loudly in front of the ma'ams too. A few times I said, "Oh shit," too loudly when I saw Si Hui ma'am and she heard. And yesterday I was crapping loudly with Amanda when we were going out of the school gate (where the bus stop is) and I didn't realise Chealsea ma'am and Xianggy ma'am were standing there with their friend. Suddenly I saw Chelsea ma'am nod her head at me in greeting and I paused half-way wanting to pinch Amanda. Then I looked at her for a few seconds (the ma'ams and their friend were staring at me) and turned to Amanda and said a little too loudly, "See lar, I walk with you then I bad luck." Then I looked back towards them and realised by the look on their face that they heard me. I think my yearmates have also embarrassed themselves many times in front of ma'ams. Example: A yearmate was eating and looking down at her food. She looked up and saw a ma'am walking towards her. So she choked on her food and the ma'am patted her on the back and said, "Take it easy." Haha. It makes me laugh just trying to imagine it.
Today is my mother's birthday. I gave her a watch I bought at Far East Plaza today for a present. I was thinking of this cute soft toy bunny I saw at Tom & Stefanie as a present but I thought, "Would she like it?" But the irritating thing is, I bought it so far away at Far East Plaza and I realised when I got home that they also sell the watch at IMM and Jurong Entertainment Centre. Sigh. But never mind, as long as my sincerity is in it, the value is there.
Fasting month starts this Sunday. We asked the ma'ams if an excuse for Physical Training is fasting and xxx ma'am said yes. But we have decided to try to do Physical Training until we feel we cannot take it. But the stupid thing is, by the time we think we cannot take it, we would have dehydrated and probably fainted. So what should we do? I don't know. Just try I guess. This is a good chance for a diet since my father insulted me by saying that I'm fat. He really did and it really really left me insulted. I'm fat? Hah, maybe I am. I should go diet and lose weight and be underweight again so he'd be happy. Maybe by the end of the fasting month I would have lost a few kilograms. Haha. Who knows? Actually that would be good. Okay fine I'm not serious about dieting. I'm just saying that maybe by the end of the fasting month I would have slimmed down. That's all. So don't bother to worry and fuss just because I said something about dieting. But you wouldn't anyway, because nobody really bothers. Ohwells.
i'm still here.
9:05 pm