`[6H'05] `[102'06] `[Ohana] `[Adriana] `[Amalina] `[Asyraf] `[Danish] `[Dexter] `[Diyanah] `[Eileen] `[Farah Natalya] `[Haffiz] `[Hamizah] `[Hong Zhang] `[Huan Ying] `[Irene] `[Irfaniah] `[Isyana] `[Jia Ying] `[Khaing Zin] `[Lena] `[Lishan] `[Nazihah] `[Paulene] `[Raseena] `[Rasyidah] `[Rebecca] `[Roy] `[Sarah] `[Shawn] `[Sherwin] `[Shu Wen] `[Siti Nur Atiqah] `[Syahiruddin] `[Syarifah] `[Tong En] `[Vicky] `[Wan Jiun] `[Xiao Wei] `[Xin Xuan] `[Yvonne] `[blogger] `[blogskins] `[deesign]


ain ashiqin
1159@270293
sixteen
ohana
rgsrcy


I want school work to go away,
And never come another day.
Let all my yearmates come and stay;
We'd talk and laugh and shop and play.
And if we were about to pay,
The boss'd say, "Oh, it's okay."
But nothing's ever what I say...
If only things would go my way.


Friday, October 13, 2006


I shall use my blog for a good purpose and revise my stuff. Sigh.

This is what I have memorised so far. Which is little.

HISTORY

Shang Dynasty
The Shang Dynasty's Key Achievements were its writing, bronze, currency (cowrie shells) and economy. It consisted of an upperclass community and a lowerclass one. The people included in the upperclass community were the emporer and nobility. Those in the lowerclass community were artisians and peasants. The Shang Dynasty had its own religious beliefs. They believed in a god they call 'Shang Ti', which means 'Lord on High'. They believed in ancestral worship and practised human sacrifice, which tells us that they also believed in life after death. They believed that they could tell the future with oracle bones, but only the emperor and the priest were allowed to interpret the meaning on the oracle bone. A typical oracle bone would read something like this:
"Will the king have a son?" (question)
"Yes." (answer)
"This came to pass on __/__/__." (outcome)

Explorations
Motivations of exploration: Why they sailed?
- Trade e.g. western route to the Indies
- New colony
- Spread their religion
- Diplomacy alliances e.g. Cheng Ho to Malacca
- National glory/pride (They gain this by acquiring land. Overseas colonies give them pride.) e.g. of countries which explored for national glory are Spain and Portugal
- Economic gains/wealth e.g. spices (from India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia. Spices were considered valuable because they could be used as flavour enhancer, preservatives, medicine, aphrodisiac and embalming. Examples of spices are cinnamon, cardamon and pepper.), gold and silver (from North America). Economic gains benefit the explorers, merchant and King and Queen (if the exploration was sponsored by them).

Obstacles faced
- Weather e.g. storms (storms can cause the ship to stray off course)
- Bandits/Pirates
- Lack of food and water
- Mutiny/Disputes among the crew
- Illness e.g. scurvy

GEOGRAPHY
Agriculture
Factors influencing agricultural system:
Physical -- Climate, Soil, Relief
Human -- Economic conditions, Social conditions, Government policies
These affect the farmer's decisions, thus affecting the input, which in turn affects the process, and therefore also the output (IPO).

Subsistence = Grown for family consumption
Commercial = Opposite of subsistence (for selling)
Rain-fed = Watered by rain (natural)

Shifting cultivation requires a lot of land. It requires little input (rain-fed), a lot of land and produces little output.

*

I know it's too little but I'm trying to work on it. It's not easy to remember terms. Sigh. This is really quite stressing because both Mr. Azahar and Ms. Wong have been reminding me and telling me over and over again to study. And they've been reminding only me. Apparently they have identified me as the weakest in the class for History and Geography. I shall work on it. I can't afford to get a GPA lower than 3.

I have been wondering for quite some time. Do we say "I've not" or do we say "I haven't"? I asked my elder sister and she says might as well just use "I have yet to".

End-of-Years are the whole of next week. Examinations schedule:
Monday: English Language Paper 2 + 1
Tuesday: Higher Malay Language Paper 2 + 1
Wednesday: English Literature and History
Thursday: Geography
Friday: Mathematics

Wish me luck, people. I will be needing a lot of it.

+ All of my yearmates (including me) came early this morning to wait for Pei Rong ma'am to come so that we would be able to give her a birthday present but it turned out that she didn't come to school today. At first we thought she was on MC but after a while we thought she must have ponned school to mug for the upcoming EOYs. Like, diaoz..

I shall go to sleep now since it is 12:45 am already and lack of sleep affects performance in examinations. =)


i'm still here.
9:25 pm